Organizing a Beauty Contest: After watching all the beauty contests, ending with the Miss World, think how great it would be if you created your own Beauty Contest, either in your school or in your own town. Ask friends and family to help, notify the newspapers and ask them to place information about it in their newspapers. Spread the word, and see who shows up. Make sure you have an audience, and contestants willing to participate in your show.
Make a schedule.
- Pick the perfect year, month, date, and time of the day.
- Check the weather to see if the day will be good enough. Check to see if you have something scheduled at that time.
- Make a special “planner” and write the time in it.
- Call relatives and friends, and post signs around town.
- Advertise by placing posters in suitable places and stores.
- Stop advertising when you get 40 people.
Set up a runway.
- Find a deck without fences on the sides. Buy or build one.
- Set it up in your backyard.
- Get a big stereo for the music, and place benches and a cover and make a backstage area.
- Advertise as before, and place the information in your local newspapers.
- Request that guests bring their own chairs.
- Suggest they bring flowers for the winners.
- Find 4 people who know about fashion and can ask appropriate questions.
- Make number cards ranging from 1-10.
- Set up a table outside and 3 chairs for the judges to sit on.
Set up a Make-up station.
- Set aside a room in your house a dressing room.
- Ask a few beauticians from local beauty salons to volunteer.
- Suggest that they create hairstyles and put makeup on the girls.
- Order a trophy, a tiara, and a sash.
- Buy bouquets of flowers.
- Use the remainder of the money made from selling the tickets as a prize for the winner.
Run a smooth pageant day
- Have the contestants walk on the runway, one at a time. Write their score, 1-10 on a pad for each person’s activity.
- Bathing suit contest.
- Answering questions about their goals in life.
Announce the winner of the contestant that has the highest score.
- Announce the runner up first, 2nd place next, and the winner last.
- Put on her sash, tiara and hand her the trophy.
- Play music and everyone claps. The runway, you put her *sash,** tiara, and trophy in her hand and tell the crowd to throw flowers at her.
- Hand her a big bouquet of flowers.
- Courtesy: Wikihow
*Sash: A sash is a large and usually colorful ribbon or band of material worn around the body, draping from one shoulder to the opposing hip, or else running around the waist. The sash around the waist may be worn in daily attire, but the sash from shoulder to hip is worn on ceremonial occasions only. Ceremonial sashes are also found in a V-shaped format, draping from both shoulders to the stomach like a large necklace.
**Tiara: A tiara (from Latin: tiara, from Ancient Greek: τιάρα) is a jeweled, ornamental crown traditionally worn by women. It is worn during formal occasions, particularly if the dress code is white tie